My view on starting in academia
Starting to collect a few links and ideas:
Tips about writing articles
- Writing a journal article tips on Taylor & Francis website
Try to be visible
- meet with people: attend reading groups, seminars, conferences. Talk with people.
- with a personal website. See eg this tutorial for a Python/Pelican webpage: https://speakerdeck.com/himito/creating-static-sites-with-pelican
- with LinkedIn, ResearchGate, GoogleScholar, etc...
- with a blog
Links I like
- Terence Tao career advice
- Questions and answers on Academia Stack Exchange,