Welcome to my homepage!
I am a researcher at Inria Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes in the Mistis team (Grenoble, France) and member of Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann in Université Grenoble Alpes. Prior to that, I have been a postdoc at Bocconi University (Milan, Italy) and Collegio Carlo Alberto (Turin, Italy), and a statistician at Insee (French National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies, Paris). I received my PhD in Applied Mathematics (Statistics) at Université Paris-Dauphine. My supervisors were Judith Rousseau and Ghislaine Gayraud. I also graduated from Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau, France) and Ensae (Paris).
More in my CV.
Bayesian Statistics: Approximations; Asymptotic aspects in nonparametric Statistics; Bayesian computation; Bayesian nonparametrics; Extreme value theory; Infinite mixture models; Objective Bayes.
Bayesian Machine Learning: Bayesian neural networks; Variational inference.
Applications of the above in Astrophysics, Ecological science, Neuroscience.
Bayesian Analysis (2019-2021)
Statistics & Probability Letters (2019- )
Less Recent News
- May: gave a talk to middle/high school students for Math Olympiads, Grenoble, about the mathematics of AI. slides (in French, 140 Mo).
- Speaking about Good practice in coding in R at the R User Group in Grenoble on February 8.
- Many visits in Grenoble in Spring 2018: Jan-May: Eric Marchand (Université de Sherbrooke), 15-19 Jan: Łukasz Rajkowski (University of Warsaw); February-March: Riccardo Corradin (Biccoca Milan/Trinity College Dublin). All giving a talk at Bayes in Grenoble.
- Paper on the sub-Gaussianity of the Beta distribution accepted in Electronic Communications in Probability [ DOI | arXiv | HAL | blog ].
- Fall 2017: there is a new R User Group in Grenoble.
- October 9-13, 2017: organising the School of Statistics for Astrophysics: Bayesian methodology, Autrans, France.
- October 16, 2017: speaking at Workshop 'New challenges in statistics for social sciences', Ca' Foscari University of Venice.
- Spring 2017: visited University of Texas at Austin for 3 months (Department of Statistics & Data Science), Duke University, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Spring 2017: PhD course, Bayesian nonparametric statistics, at Université Grenoble Alpes.
Phone: (+33) 6 43 28 75 03
Office: Inria Grenoble Rhône-Alpes, 655 Avenue de l'Europe, 38330 Montbonnot-Saint-Martin, France.